Now is the right time for 6th through 12th grade students to develop an inclusive view of people, an expansive view of God, and a steady commitment to justice! The UPA Youth Program offers these values in a safe, fun environment!
Learn more about
- Gleaning Crops 9/30,
- Hike Purgatory on 10/27,
- Pumpkin Fest Games/Race 10/28
- Prepare 10,000 Meals! 11/18
- Christmas Carols 12/16
- Meet in worship, then exit after 15 minutes for 45 minute lesson
- Bible lessons are offered by open-minded, engaging, faithful adults.
- Bible expertise NOT required! Questions encouraged!
- Students in grades 7 through 12th grades receive in-depth education about the Christian religion, its great strengths and glaring weaknesses, so that each one develops a healthy spirituality that may or may not include membership in a United Methodist or United church of Christ denomination.
- Classes take place roughly every other Sunday, 8:30am to 9:45am, from 9/16 through confirmation day on 4/7/2019.
- Confirmation includes a retreat on 3/29 through 3/31
- See lesson plan HERE.
Mentors are adult participants of United Parish of Auburndale who demonstrate inclusive, expansive, and steady faith who accept responsibility to meet with one or two High School students with whom they are paired. Mentors are nominated by youth and their families, interviewed by pastor or youth counselor, and endorsed by the congregation each year in June.
Students who wish to deepen their faith through the CONFIRMATION program are invited to begin selection of a mentor in the Spring of their eighth-grade year. Mentors can also be assigned or re-assigned as needed through a teen’s High School career. The official mentor partnership ends at graduation, yet for many young adults, the relationship remains vibrant and deep.
LAST SUNDAY WAS THE FIRST DAY OF YOUTH GROUP
The Cross and Flame Youth Bell Choir from Homewood, Alabama, performs at UPA Sunday May 29, 2016
The Cross and Flame Youth Choir
United Parish of Auburndale Youth Ministry – Ski Trip-2016
PARENTAL/GUARDIAN CONSENT FORM AND LIABILITY WAIVER (more…)
- Pool Party 9/13@ Roush House. 2 to 5pm. 28 Clearwater Road, Newton Lower Falls. All youth!
- FALL OUTREACH CHALLENGE: Volunteer at Animal Shelter (Learn more @ Blessing of the Animals Service 9/27)