Education at United Parish of Auburndale
Continued growth in the knowledge and love of God is of prime importance to our congregation. Our Christian Education program is available to all who seek to begin or continue their faith journey.
Use the links below to further explore the Christian Education Ministry here at United Parish of Auburndale.
- Christian Education
- Christian Education Schedule
- Sunday School
- Sunday School Events
- Youth Ministry
- Youth Event
A Note From Education Director, Sheryl Ellis
As a long time Christian my faith started as a child and continues to grow every day. I believe that learning about the love of Jesus Christ and building a strong relationship with God is a life-long endeavor. I also believe that it is important to walk that journey with others and to share what we have learned along the way. I hope to provide an opportunity for all ages to explore their faith and deepen their knowledge and understanding of God and to know that the journey is always ongoing. To facilitate this, I hope to provide many opportunities for all ages to come together in a learning environment that works to strengthen our relationships with God, with each other, and with our world. Whether you are starting your faith journey, continuing to grow your relationship with God or needing to begin again, with the help of the Holy Spirit, I will work with you and support you along the way.
What Have We Been Up To?
- The Whirl curriculum continues to be used for Sunday School, while our youth are responding well to lessons that include video and activity components. Finding teachers each week continues to at times be challenging—we are thankful to all the parents and parishioners who volunteer their time and talents to help teach and guide our young people.
- Regular Service Sundays are offered and will continue into 2019, to help engage students with outreach.
- Children’s Sunday in June featured performances by our Rock Band and Children’s Choir, as well as children’s bell choir performances, conducted by our youth.
- Activities throughout the year included an Easter Egg Hunt; scarecrow building for the Pumpkin Patch; monthly game nights for confirmation students and mentors; a workshop to create greeting cards for children’s families and patrons of Bristol Lodge in December; and the Christmas Pageant.
Our High and Middle school students will meet in the Youth room at 10:15 am
Our Lambs (Pre-K to 2nd grade) will meet in the room to the right of the kitchen downstairs at 10:15 am
Our Doves (3rd to 5th grade) will meet in the room at the end of the hall downstairs at 10:15 am.
Our Lesson for Sunday School
this Sunday January 22th
They will learn that even though we are all different, we have some things that are the same.
1 Corinthians 1: 10-18
A Church Divided Over Leaders
10 I appeal to you, brothers and sisters,[a] in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought. 11 My brothers and sisters, some from Chloe’s household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. 12 What I mean is this: One of you says, “I follow Paul”; another, “I follow Apollos”; another, “I follow Cephas[b]”; still another, “I follow Christ.”
13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized in the name of Paul? 14 I thank God that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15 so no one can say that you were baptized in my name. 16 (Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I don’t remember if I baptized anyone else.) 17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with wisdom and eloquence, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.
Christ Crucified Is God’s Power and Wisdom
18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
Our Lesson for Youth
this Sunday January 22th
They will learn about “Love in Action”
1 John 3:18
“Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and truth.”
We hope your students can join us for our lesson.
Our Youth group will meet at 11:15am to rehearse our Mystery Dinner downstairs in the big hall.
Old friends met new ones.
Our High School students learn about injustice today and how we can help.
WE CAN’T DO THIS WITHOUT YOU
Please sign up if you can help.
MORE OF OUR LESSONS